Monday, September 12, 2011

My days are starting to fill up and get busy

     Well, this past week sure was a busy one.  On Tuesday I went to the soccer club for women over 16 years old.  They had a game on Wednesday (I didn't play there, since I had just started practicing with them), and I went to go watch.  We won, 2-1.  It started raining after a bit, and so it was a bit less than wonderful.  but it was still really fun.  They play well, but not so well that it's out of my league.  Well, after I practice a bit, that is.
      On Thursday morning I went to an 11th grade Math class to see if I could understand anything there.  What we're doing in the 10c (sine and cosine graphs) I learned this spring.  Since that is the only credit that I need yet to graduate from FHS, Mama and Papa (that is, my German host parents) want to make sure that I'm taking a challenging enough class that my principal will take the credit for the year.  So, I sat in on this other class to see if I would be able to take that class as well as the Math class from the 10c.  Unfortunately, I didn't understand what was going on.  After class I talked with the teacher, and he said that in the second half of the 10th grade we will learn some new stuff, and that's what the 11th class, of course, built onto.  It felt really good for me to come back to my regular class. I didn't realize how much I have gotten used to the people there!  I already kinda know who I hang out with, and I know everyone's names.  Having to start all over made me really grateful for the class where I know peoples' faces.   
     On Saturday there was a Kinderbibeltag.  Basically, it was Vacation Bible School.  Except that it was only one day.  I came as a late volunteer, so they didn't really have a place for me to go.  So I sorta just tagged along and checked out what all the kids were doing, and helped out when I could.  We made candles (pic at left), played games, and then we had a "last supper".  We cut up vegetables and fruit, and had some bread with that.  There were some tables set up in the church, and the lady pastor talked about how Jesus gave the diciples bread and wine as a sign of the new covenant.

Imke, Inga, and I at the concert

     After VBS, I had about an hour and a half to relax.  Then Imke's dad drove Imke, Inga, and I to a concert at the university where he teaches.  I didn't really like the first band, but the second was awesome!  It was the concert band there at the university, and they had lights and everything while they played.  All of the songs had some text with "stars" or something to do with outer space.  And, except for two of them, they were all English.  I couldn't quite understand all of the lyrics anyways, but I recognized some of them from the tune.
     And now I've got to get ready to go to JuRa (short for Jugendraum, the teen Bible study/ hang out that I go to).  It's a great way for me to start the week!
The concert band

No comments:

Post a Comment